Down below are some visual design tips:
– Make elements easy to find on the page.
– Use screen “real estate” wisely.
– Use appropriate conventions.
– Specify fonts that are designed for the screen.
– Format paragraphs and other content for readability.
– Separate text visually from its surroundings.
– Use relative, not absolute, values for most text specifications.
– There is no reason today to make text into images, except for a logo.
– Fit the colour scheme to the purpose of the site.
– Use colour with restraint.
– Make sure that your use of colour is accessible.